Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County, Florida (HHPC)
- Using ABT’s unique hosting and managed services for D+H Servicing Director for over 2 years
- Implemented Calyx PointCentral in the past quarter, for their loan originations.
- Both systems are hosted, managed and integrated by ABT
- ABT provides access anywhere at any time on any computer system (PC and Mac) as well as tablets.
Catalyst for Change:
- HHPC recognized that regulatory changes meant their then current way of managing mortgage loans would not be compliant.
April 12 2012, HHPC chose Access Business Technologies to help them with their mortgage processes. Note: Their servicing system hosted by ABT was up and running within 90 days.
ABT spent a great deal of time with HHPC, discussing their critical requirements and work flow. We wanted to make sure the servicng solution would fit their current and future needs.
Hurdles faced by HHPC using their previous system:
- Did not easily allow them to generate yearly escrow analysis statements
- Did not provide the ability to analyze their portfolio with the detail they required
- Did not provide an investor report
- Did not provide the ability to track Homeowner Association Fees (HLA’s)
- Did not provide the ability to track 2nd Loans
- Did not provide the ability to track Pronto Agreements
- Difficult to track late fee transactions and successfully collect them when due
These processes were difficult to apply solid repeatable work-flows and tracking.
While HHPC did their best, the result were inefficiencies in processes, lost monies, and possible compliance issues. “We were very concerned about increasing regulatory changes and that we may fall out of compliance”, stated Jacquie Copp, Mortgage Operations Manager for HHPC.
ABT and HHPC – Working Toward a Solution:
The previous list of “Hurdles”, business processes and work-flows were listed out and our ABT Servicing Director® product specialist along with HHPC personnel, tackled each one.
The results of their efforts is an efficient workflow. Jacquie states, “With ABT’s expertise hosting D+H’s Servicing Director® software, we were able to add work flow to the standard features that are part of the software. We now have automation and accurate reporting capabilities that fit our needs.” Since ABT hosts and manages this platform, and securely deliveries access using cloud technologies. HHPC does not need to worry about updates, backups or falling out of compliance.
A Repeatable “Habitat for Humanity Template” is now available:
“We appreciate the opportunity to work with Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County. They are a dedicated team working hard to better their community” states Chris Schwartz-Edmisten of ABT. “They now have a servicing solution that works very well, providing the compliance and efficiencies they were looking for”
This solution was designed for Habitat for Humanity’s unique requirements. It is a proven solution with over 2 years of “real world” Habitat for Humanity loan servicing work flow behind it. It is a repeatable mortgage servicing “template” that will work for any Habitat for Humanity servicing environment we spin up.
Each group who uses this system will utilize a proven process that follows the unique requirements that face all Habitat for Humanity offices. Each group will have their own instance that can be “private labeled” with their organizational name and logo etc.
HHPC requested a Loan Origination software in order to board loans – In this case Calyx PointCentral was the software that was put in place. PointCentral is also hosted and managed by ABT. Both components can “talk” to one another, ABT can also set up an interface (MortgageExchange™) that moves data from Calyx to the Servicing Director® platform.
Access to the cloud based Habitat for Humanity environment utilizes ABT’s MortgageWorkSpace™ . This web access portal means that users can securely access their environment from any computer (p.c. or Mac) or tablet/iPad. The connection can be made from anywhere (office, home, anywhere there is an internet connection).
ABT’s Habitat for Humanity Solution offers the following:
- ABT will monitor the system making sure it is available and running at peak efficiency. We provide 99.9% environment up-times.
- ABT manages your system and maintains the major and minor updates as they are released by the vendors
- ABT automatically provides data back-ups.
- ABT provides System Tech Support 24/7/365
- ABT provides software expertise with a servicing product specialist that can answer your team’s questions
- ABT’s data centers as well as ABT itself goes through a rigorous SSAE16 Type 2 certification. This certification is an independent audit which examines data protection and integrity
Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County, as a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles* that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
Partnering with our Community. Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County brings community volunteers, corporate donors, civic organizations and faith groups together to build affordable homes for struggling, low-income families and individuals throughout Pinellas County.
Access Business Technologies (ABT), has successfully hosted mortgage and supporting industry software from the leading mortgage software vendors for over 15 years. Our clients include banks, credit unions, mortgage bankers, and brokers located nationwide. These organizations confidently rely on ABT to provide a safe and secure managed environment for their critical client information. We are the mortgage technology and compliance experts.